Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving the East Coast is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Development Officer located in New York.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER POSTION
Accion is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join its New York-based Development and Communication team and support in the solicitation of $10 million in requests annually, with a specific focus on managing a portfolio of foundation and corporate partners, supporting the Vice President and CEO in their fundraising of major individual donors, and coordinating Accion’s annual spring luncheon – all to support Accion’s lending and financial education programs. The Development Officer will work with the entire team and report directly to the Director of Development and Communications. In some cases, the Officer will work directly with the Vice President and CEO.
- Manage relationships within a portfolio of institutional funders, drafting proposals, taking meetings, and preparing reports to keep them informed of Accion’s work and the impact of their contributions;
- Research, identify and cultivate new funding prospects in partnership with Director and Vice President;
- Support the Vice President and CEO in their outreach and individual fundraising through prospect research, drafting of pitches and proposals, and coordinating cultivation and stewardship strategies;
- Support coordination of Accion’s annual Access to Opportunity Awards Luncheon in partnership with the Vice President and Development Committee; and
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Manage a portfolio of 20+ institutional accounts, drafting and submitting an average of 2 grant requests per month and 2 reports per month for a total of $1 million requested annually;
- Secure at least $650K in renewed support from existing institutional partners per year;
- Achieve 40 – 50 touchpoints with current and prospective major donors, including a minimum of 24 personal visits a year;
- Secure at least $325K in support from major donors through asks and fundraising events; and
- Execute on Accion’s annual Access to Opportunity Awards Luncheon.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 2-3 years of professional experience in non-profit development or similar area;
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills;
- Strong attention to detail, analytical ability, organizational skills, prospect research skills, and creativity;
- Ability to manage complex projects involving other staff, set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet time-sensitive deadlines;
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Event planning experience a plus.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Learn More