The mission of Accion as a non-profit organization is to create economic opportunity for primarily low-to-moderate income start-up and existing entrepreneurs who lack access to traditional credit. Through business loans ranging from $300 to $75,000 and support services, Accion strengthens the roots of emerging entrepreneurs and helps them to thrive in their communities, creating social and economic change. Visit https://us.accion.org/region/southern-california/ for more information.
Accion in Southern California is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Development & Impact Officer, based in San Diego, CA.
The Development & Impact Officer is a full-time position supporting the organization’s fundraising activities, partnerships, impact analysis, donor communication and engagement efforts. This position reports to the Director of Grants & Impact and works closely with the CEO and marketing departments to support fundraising initiatives, grant reporting and impact evaluation efforts, while also supporting publication of donor facing materials.
- Produce compelling client stories and testimonials used within special partnerships, proposals, donor engagements, and other publications
- Update accurate donor records in fundraising database and contact lists in Constant Contact
- Process donations using eTapestry and issue timely donor acknowledgements
- Provide accurate and timely activity and grant pipeline reports to CEO and Director of Grants & Impact
- Develop small fundraising proposals (writing, assembly)
- Assist the Director of Grants & Impact to assemble and submit larger grant proposals
- Engage and cultivate relationships with donors and stakeholders and provide proactive fundraising support to the Director of Grants & Impact and CEO
- Assist with prospective donor research and statistics for grant proposals
- Produce material for email communications and social media fundraising efforts. Schedule posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts.
- Run regular programmatic reports in loan database system to demonstrate programmatic impact, outcomes and target client demographic information
- Assist the Director of Grants & Impact in tracking progress of program outcomes for grants and partnerships, using Excel and other computer software
- Coordinate with lending staff to meet grant goals and work with them to identify borrowers for particular grant programs
- Execute fundraising events by aiding in and managing logistical planning, promotional efforts, and day‐of coordination
- Attend fundraising and other community events/meetings to strengthen and develop relationships with community stakeholders
- Work with marketing team to ensure donor facing materials are on brand and reflect mission
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in nonprofit environment or related educational experience
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills and an ability to write compelling client testimonials
- Outstanding overall accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong planning skills including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- Experience in engaging donors, grant writing, and communications
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and experience using various databases/software
- Strong data analysis and evaluation skills
- Outstanding oral communication skills. Dynamic, diplomatic, and respectful communicator.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for the impact of Accion’s mission
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and clients in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative
Preferred (but not required)
- Experience with donor databases such as eTapestry
- Experience with CRM platforms, including Salesforce and Constant Contact
- Bilingual language skills
- Event coordination experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level.