If you're interested in applying for an Accion loan, be sure to read the list below. It can help you determine if Accion is a good fit for you. Questions? Feel free to give us a call before starting your application.
Basic Loan Requirement Criteria:
To qualify for an Accion loan, you'll need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a credit score of 550 or higher (600 or higher in Texas). Smaller loans are considered with no previous credit score (no credit history).
- Exhibit steady cash flow and the ability to support monthly loan payments.
- Most loans require proof of income and revenue.
- Most loans require collateral.
- Additional criteria may apply.
Please note that Accion cannot fund businesses involved in any of the following:
- Alcohol sales, with the exception of wineries, distilleries, and breweries
- Tobacco sales
- Firearms, weapons or ammunition
- Predatory lending services
- Speculative businesses or investments
- Medical marijuana
If you don’t meet these basic requirements, we encourage you to check back after you've had a chance to strengthen your application.