Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas is looking for a Vice President of Technology to join our team either at our Albuquerque headquarters or remotely within one of the states in our region: Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas. Accion is embarking on a three-year project to overhaul our technology infrastructure and implement a state-of-the-art lending platform. It will be the only end-to-end lending platform in our industry, and is fully owned and operated by Accion, allowing it to be customized to meet our (and our customers’) needs. This will have a transformational effect on Accion, our clients, and the sector of lenders supporting underserved entrepreneurs.
As our Vice President of Technology, you’ll play a critical role in shaping our culture of technology. As a member of our executive team you’ll work to understand the vision of Accion and execute our strategy, work with our team of engineers in Bangalore, India, and oversee our technology team stateside. You’ll use your passion for technology to help us carry out our mission of creating lasting social and economic change in the United States through entrepreneurship.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with our executive management team to help our organization scale through the use of technology. Translate business vision into technical vision and then execute on that vision.
- Lead the development and launch of our new lending platform, and then manage the iterative improvement process.
- Help grow, coach, and mentor our software development team in Bangalore, India. This will require a willingness to work virtually across time zones with occasional travel.
- Actively engage and participate in the process of engineering through PRs, code and architecture reviews, bug fixes, and tooling or deployment improvements.
Skills and Experience:
- You have a passion for Accion’s mission and a strong commitment to Accion’s culture of exceptional customer service, excellence and accountability.
- You’re grounded in a programming language and can work side-by-side with the engineering team; experience with Ruby on Rails is preferred.
- You have experience operating as both an IT/IS strategist and functional director as well as business strategist and change agent, utilizing the benefits of technology and business analytics to effect business decisions.
- You’re inspired by technology and can inspire others.
- You have eight years’ progressive related experience, with three to five years in a senior management capacity.
- Experience in financial services is preferred but not required.
The salary range for this position is $114,269-$182,831.
Accion offers a competitive total compensation package, including competitive base salary, the opportunity for exciting incentive pay, health and dental coverage, retirement benefits, and generous paid time off.