About Accion East
Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial support through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years, Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Using past underwriting practices, our current policies/guidelines, analytical skills and sound judgment, the Underwriter’s role is to decide whether and on what terms to extend a loan to a small business owner? While supporting the organization’s lending goals, the Underwriter is also responsible for ensuring we maintain a quality portfolio. The Underwriter works with the lending and loan service teams and reports to the Credit Risk Manager as part of three-person team that evaluates up to 150 loans a month. Huge potential for thought leadership and growth.
- Review up to 50 loan submissions and approve up to $500,000 per month, in a manner consistent with policies and procedures and good business judgment
- Maintain three (3) business day turnaround from submission to UW to loan approval
- Maintain portfolio quality of 4% delinquency (30-day) or lower
- Perform monthly credit quality analysis on active loan portfolio, as needed by Credit Risk Manager
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind an achieves penetrating insights.
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Alignment with core values of adaptability, dedication, empathy, inclusion, integrity and passion.
- BA/BS degree required with concentration in business, economics, and/or finance
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Preferred: Work experience in the financial service industry
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Salesforce application
- Preferred: Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision premiums (savings of $6K – $12K per annum)
- Robust medical plan has $0 deductible and 0% co-insurance
- Additionally, each employee receives $1,500 employer paid HRA card for wide range of medical-related expenses such as co-pays, prescriptions, etc.
- Eligible for 401(k) participation after thirty (30) days of employment
- Participation in Success Share Plan (a profit-sharing plan)
- Submit cover letter explaining how your skills match Accion’s needs and organizational values
- Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Selected, qualified applicants will receive a case study as part of selection process