The mission of Accion, with headquarters in San Diego, as a non‐profit organization is to create economic opportunity for primarily low‐to‐moderate income start‐up and existing business owners who lack access to traditional credit. Through business loans ranging from $300 to $75,000 and support services, Accion strengthens the roots of emerging entrepreneurs and helps them to thrive in their communities, creating social and economic change. Visit https://us.accion.org/region/southern-california/ for more information.
Accion Serving Southern California is seeking a talented individual to fill the temporary position of Loan Underwriter, based out of the San Diego, CA office.
The Loan Underwriter works as part of the lending team to meet loan production goals by analyzing new loan applications to assess credit risk, alignment with the organization’s mission and feasibility of the business endeavor. The Loan Underwriter also provides technical assistance by giving feedback to loan applicants on ways to strengthen credit, improve financial reporting and identify threats and opportunities in their business plan.
*This is a temporary five-month assignment, starting in June with a projected end date in October*
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related business experience
- 3‐5 years of lending, underwriting and/or related business/finance experience
- Extraordinary communication skills, written and oral
- Strong financial, quantitative and computer skills
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- High‐level of initiative and motivation
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and team members Simultaneously
- Detail oriented
- Bilingual strongly preferred (English/Spanish)
- Must have ability to work some irregular hours
- Must have own transportation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
- Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level.
- The Accion team is a passionate and professional group that loves supporting local small businesses to make their dreams and economic stability grow!
Please submit cover letter and resume to Shadiya Hagisufi firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the number of resumes received we may not be able to respond to every candidate, but qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule next steps.
Accion is an equal opportunity employer.