Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving Illinois & Indiana is looking for a Community Small Business Lender to join our team in Chicago, IL.
Portfolio Lead Position:
The Portfolio Lead is a salaried, exempt position that reports to the Director of Risk and Loan Operations. The Portfolio Lead is responsible for executing loan closings, building relationships with small-dollar borrowers who have received funding on third-party platforms, and supporting clients during repayment.
- Close loans efficiently
- Offer assistance proactively to borrowers who have received funding on third-party platforms
- Support clients during loan repayment in partnership with outsourced loan servicing through restructures, collections, and frequent communications with borrowers
- Handle all post-funding servicing issues for the current loan portfolio
- Act as primary post-funding support for borrowers through emails and phone calls to the entire active portfolio
- Contribute to a net surplus each year
- Manage risk for the organization by serving as the go-to contact point for all borrowers
- Close, fund, board and execute collateral on prepared loans according to policy and procedures
- Generate and review legal documents for newly closed loans, amendments, and restructures
- Monitor loans post-funding for collateral, insurance, pending obligations, repayment calculation issues, and reviews
- Audit a small number of loan files, document findings, and correct errors each month
- Nurture trusted relationships with Community Small Business Lenders, Underwriters, Staff Accountants, and external loan servicers to provide a high-quality experience to entrepreneurs
- Identify improvements in how we can better serve entrepreneurs and then continually implement those ideas effectively
- Perform other duties flexibly and creatively as needs arise
Accion requires its staff to:
- Solve problems creatively
- Manage time efficiently
- Attend to details meticulously
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Collaborate flexibly with colleagues in a diverse and changing environment
- Believe strongly in Accion’s mission
The Portfolio Lead should have experience in:
- Loan processing
- Client service
How to Apply:
Email Jobs@accionchicago.org with a resume and cover letter. Please include the position title in the subject line.