Accion is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving Southern California is a non‐profit organization whose mission is to provide economic opportunity to primarily low‐to‐moderate income entrepreneurs who lack access to traditional credit. Through business education services and loans ranging from $300 to $75,000, Accion supports entrepreneurs to create positive social and economic change.
Accion Serving Southern California is looking for a Loan Support Associate to join our team in San Diego, CA
- Answer incoming phone calls/walk-ins of existing and potential clients
- Support servicing department with client inquiries
- Provide support for collections, recovery efforts and receive client payments
- Submit client collateral documentation; input and track the data on an excel spreadsheet and in TEA
- Coordinate and manage business counseling calendar
- Respond to clients regarding basic loan support/servicing questions
- Maintain loan program filing and current program documents in the office
- Coordinate generate and mail invoices
- Generate and send denial letters
- Input client information into TEA / Salesforce software database
- Support lending staff and executive management team members with daily tasks
- Assist with administrative aspects like receptionist duties, ordering of supplies, meeting logistics, travel and special projects
- Conduct other duties as necessary
- Passion for non‐profit and/or microfinance work
- Bachelors/Associate Degree or related administrative experience preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Excellent computer, communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and successfully meet deadlines
- Detail‐oriented, flexible
- Team Player
- Experience working in a lending/financial environment preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
- Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Etla Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the number of resumes received we may not be able to respond to every candidate, but qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule next steps.
Accion is an equal opportunity employer.