Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial support through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years, Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving the East Coast is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Loan Service – Associate located in New York, NY. For more information, see https://us.accion.org/.
The primary mission of the Associate is to reliably maintain the day to day duties of client repayments. The functional areas impacted by the Associates work include client repayment communications, bank report reconciliation, client repayment strategies, and effective follow through on tasks given by Manager.
The Associate reports to the Senior Loan Service Unit Manager and will learn how to work a loan aging pipeline in a growing organization.
Under the direction of the Senior Loan Service Unit Manager in Collaboration with the Loan Service
Supervisor the Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Willingness to handle a high volume of daily phone calls in a professional manner and up to FDCPA standards;
- Ensure the accuracy of repayment information to minimize errors that affect client repayment.
- Ability to acknowledge errors, learn from errors, and be accountable to self-improvement;
- Ability to negotiate payment solutions with delinquent clients and resolve conflicts in order to find solutions;
- Handle phone calls, payment adjustments, reallocations, and payment arrangements to keep the daily delinquency below 4.0%
- Ability to handle administrative work in an organized and structured manner including returned mail, late notice mailing, client account changes, and other department specific document requirements;
- Work cooperatively with Payment Support team and manager in a fast paced, goal oriented, collections department;
- Suggest course of action to pursue with delinquent accounts;
- Must communicate and follow up effectively with the department colleagues regarding client accounts on a timely basis;
- Be able to visit the post office periodically and as necessary to mailing documentation that require immediate attention.
- Other duties and responsibilities based on department’s operation needs and as instructed by manag
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Destevez@accioneast.com. Please specify “Loan Services – Associate” in the subject line.