The mission of Accion, with headquarters in San Diego, as a non-profit organization is to create economic opportunity for primarily low-to-moderate income start-up and existing business owners who lack access to traditional credit. Through business loans ranging from $300 to $75,000 and support services, Accion strengthens the roots of emerging entrepreneurs and helps them to thrive in their communities, creating social and economic change. Visit https://us.accion.org/your-accion/location/san-diego for more information.
Accion Serving Southern California is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Loan Processor (LP) based in San Diego, California.
The Loan Processor’s main objective is to support the Lending and Business Development departments and process loan packets in the pipeline, ensuring accuracy, efficiency and the highest level of customer service to potential clients.
The Loan Processor serves as part of a client management team in servicing potential and existing clients. The Loan Processor will assist in processing the application from beginning to end and will follow up with potential clients who may need additional assistance compiling documents or answering questions about the loan application process with Accion.
Loan Processor Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls/walk‐ins of potential clients
- Provide program information to inquiries and answer any questions
- Follow up with inquiries, and provide status on leads to Business Development Officers and Loan Underwriters
- Assist clients with referrals to outside support sources when they do not meet initial screening criteria, or work with other lending support intake staff to respond to client needs
- Provide follow‐up calls to pending files and leads
- Collect and Review all required client documents to ensure accuracy and organize in client file
- Follow up with applicants regarding accuracy of documents
- Input client information into Salesforce and TEA software database
- Assist with team reports to Chief Credit Officer
- Oversee that all proper documentation is included in Loan packet prior to Underwriting
- Assist occasionally in loan disbursal requests and process
- Support lending staff and executive management team members with daily tasks or special projects
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Financial and quantitative skills, computer literate.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Team player with customer service experience.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prepare and present loan documentation.
- Ability to understand financial documents, including Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets and Tax returns.
- Ability to understand business structure business structure documentation.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Bachelors or Associates degree, OR, related experience required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. The Accion team is a passionate and professional group that loves supporting local small businesses to make their dreams and economic stability grow!
Accion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to Robert Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org.