Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial support through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years, Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving the East Coast is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Payment Support Volunteer located in New York, NY. For more information, see https://us.accion.org/.
Mission of the Loan Consultant
The Loan Consultant is responsible for building our brand and establishing our presence as the microlender in New England. This position’s responsibilities include the development, cultivation and growth of business lending in New England. The Loan Consultant is focused on outreach to partners (banking institutions, government organizations and community partners) to originate quality loan applications. The Loan Consultant is directly responsible for monthly business development and sales goals. The Loan Consultant will report to the Lending Team Leader.
- Deliver on monthly sales goals by lending $55,000 to 5 business owners;
- Deliver on monthly new loan conversion at a threshold of 20% or higher;
- Work to build a portfolio so that 40% of monthly disbursements are refinance applications;
- Deliver on generating and converting 25 leads a month from clients;
- Deliver 5 sales presentations a month in coordination with the outreach strategy;
- Develop new and cultivate existing referral relationships that generate high levels of customer satisfaction of 80% or greater as measured by the Net Promoter Score (NPS);
- Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisor to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the proven ability to work at all levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Strategic thinking. Able to see and communicate the big picture. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key market growth opportunities.
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Delegates effectively while remaining accountable to rigorous performance objectives
- Attention to detail and is meticulous. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Three years’ experience working in small business; prior business experience/sales skills preferred;
- Bilingual -English and Spanish preferred;
- Self-Motivator/Self-Starter can build a new region of growth for the organization;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders/partner relationships;
- Ability to plan and conduct business workshops on a variety of business-related topics (financial management, marketing, managing cash flow, business credit, business plan development and implementation, etc.);
- Creative thinker and problem solver;
- Good presentation and math skills; knowledge of Word and Excel.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Approved relocation expenses will be reimbursed for internal candidates only
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision premium
- 100% employer funded HRA for eligible deductibles, co-pays and prescriptions
If you are interested in this job position, please send your Resume and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org