Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial support through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years, Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving the East Coast is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Internet Lending Volunteer located remotely.
The Accion Internet Lending student volunteer is an opportunity to learn and apply skills to work in the field of domestic microfinance. Internet Lending volunteers work closely with the Accion loan consultants to analyze the loan applications which are received online. From the beginning of the micro lending process, interns assist in document collection and loan analysis – gaining valuable knowledge about domestic microfinance and are instrumental in furthering the mission of Accion.
- Work with Loan Consultants to compile complete business loan packages
- Alert LC of missing documents, preliminary questions, and distinctive situations
- Alert LC of new clients and when additional documents have been received
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred Portuguese a plus
- Background in Finance preferred
- Detail Oriented
- Good computer skills
- Professional attitude
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Commitment to the field of microfinance and Accion
- Knowledge of loan operations and/or small business a plus
Start Date: May 2018
Time Commitment: 3 days/24 hours per week. Four-six month commitment required.
Please forward your cover letter and resume and note “Internet Lending Intern” in the subject line to email@example.com.
There is no stipend for this volunteer position.