Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial support through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years, Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving the East Coast is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Intake Volunteer located in Boston.
As a member of Accion’s Intake team, you will contribute to our mission by providing support to microloan applicants. The Intake team acts as the face of Accion; quite often, the first contact the client has is with our team. The Intake team primes all applicants that are received, ensuring that our lending team can dedicate their time to converting applications into loans. The intake team provides customer service to clients, including but not limited to financial education and information about Accion’s lending criteria.
- Manage income call volume and prioritize voicemail
- Monitor fax and respond to email inquiries
- Assist with outbound communication channels (SMS,E-mail) and systematic, multi-channel lead tracking through digital dashboard
- Provide client feedback and potential recommendations for technical assistance
- Fluent or Bilingual English/Spanish required Portuguese a plus
- Eager to learn
- High attention to detail
- Engaging phone manners
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle large caseload and a fast paced environment.
- Interest in customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Multitasking abilities
Time Commitment: approx. 20 hours per week, flexible
Start date: November 2018
Application: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Intake Intern – “Boston” in the subject line.
There is no stipend for this volunteer position.