Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving the East Coast is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Intake Specialist located in Cambridge, MA. For more information, see https://us.accion.org/.
The Intake team acts as the face of Accion, often times serving as the first point of contact. The functional areas impacted by this position are lending and online channels. The Intake Specialist will support Accion’s mission by providing excellent customer service and assisting the lending team with application conversion.
Under the supervision of the Intake Manager, the Intake Specialist will be responsible for providing excellent customer service measured by:
Speedy and professional prequalification of applicants:
- Manage incoming call volume and track leads in Salesforce
- Prioritize voicemails and e-mail inquiries
- Pre-qualify client applications for product selection within expected guidelines and upload document collection in SPARK system
- Process loan applications in Salesforce and provide prequalification results
- Process daily Small Business Administration SBA LINC email communications using Mail Chimp
- Monitor fax and assist with outbound communication channels (SMS, E-mail) and systematic, multi-channel lead tracking through digital dashboards
Tailored financial education and credit advice:
- Providing clients with feedback and potential recommendations to improve credit profile.
- Offer clients educational materials to assist with credit repair as well assist with credit report requests.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on lending guidelines to lead applicants appropriately through the lending process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on financial education products to educate applicants on additional services.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bilingual – English and Spanish required. Portuguese a plus
- Business Acumen, Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Enjoys both working independently and within a team environment
- High attention to detail and initiative
- Excellent customer service skills, polite and friendly demeanor when communicating with internal/external clients
- Ability to handle large tasks and demanding workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to efficiently multi-task projects through completion
- Demonstrates confidence when providing financial education opportunities to lead applicants appropriately to additional services and T/A source
- Positive attitude to ensure that new call leads are prescreened appropriately and receive an application & education
- Salary –$40K-$45k commensurate with experience
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision premium and 100% employer paid HRA for eligible deductibles, co-pays and prescriptions
- 401(k) participation
- Success Share Plan (Profit Sharing Plan)
To apply, please submit:
- A cover letter explaining how your skills match Accion’s needs and values;
- Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.