Accion is a premier place to build on a fundraising career. An award-winning nonprofit leader in the globally-recognized, high-impact fields of community development and microfinance, Accion’s mission of equipping entrepreneurs for success propels increased economic opportunity across a five-state region (Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas). We are looking for a Grant Writer who is an excellent writer and communicator, and a passionate champion of our mission to join our Advancement Team. The position may be based at our regional headquarters in Albuquerque or in another community within our service area, such as Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix or Tucson.
Our team members serve as stewards of Accion’s values-driven, high-performance culture. They embody Accion’s brand of warm and exceptional customer service, seek excellence in all they do and demonstrate the highest degree of integrity and professionalism. The Grant Writer will develop and implement strategies, tactics, and activities to identify and prepare grant proposals.
- Researches grant prospects and other topics, including gathering and sorting source and background materials;
- Completes the writing of compelling and successful grant and funding requests that result in significant funding for the organization;
- Supports the preparation of all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements;
- Maintains specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information; and
- Enthusiastically upholds Accion’s organizational values of passion, pioneering spirit, integrity, excellence and accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Administration, Public Relations, Communication, or a related field;
- 1 year experience in grant writing, grant compliance, public relations, communications, marketing or a related field;
- Must have a passion for increasing economic opportunity and access to capital;
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish preferred
Accion offers an excellent total compensation package, including competitive base salary, the opportunity for exciting incentive pay, and an attractive benefits package.
How to Apply:
This search is being conducted with assistance from Linh Nguyen and Javier Garcia of NPAG. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and applications will be reviewed as they are received. Accion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
NPAG is a national executive search and consulting firm dedicated to serving the mission-driven community. We partner with global mission-driven clients to deliver highly-tailored, innovative, and strategic senior- and executive-level search services.