Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving Illinois and Indiana is looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team in Chicago, IL.
Position: Executive Assistant:
The Executive Assistant is a salaried, exempt position that reports to the Director of Administration. The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting management with administrative details and providing visitors (in person or on the phone) with a warm welcome and efficient service. The Executive Assistant also nurtures trusted relationships with entrepreneurs, the Board of Directors, clients, and vendors.
- Fulfill all operational obligations on time each month
- Contribute to a net surplus each year
- Nurture trusted relationships with entrepreneurs to whom we provide funding and coaching, the Board of Directors to whom the CEO reports and from whom the organization receives guidance and ongoing support, and various vendors who provide office supplies or building maintenance.
- Promote the organization’s work at events and site visits that focus on community building or visibility, particularly near our home in the Garfield Park community
- Identify improvements in how we can better serve entrepreneurs and then continually implement those ideas effectively, including more efficient internal operations
- Delight all callers and correspondents in all incoming communications
- Provide visitors with a warm welcome and efficient service
- Maintain contact information for clients, donors, and partners
- Manage office supply inventory to minimize spending
- Assist management with delegated tasks including scheduling meetings, composing correspondence, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Support efforts relating to office morale, corporate culture, team-building, etc.
- Provide backup when the Director of Administration is unavailable and
- Perform other duties flexibly and creatively as needs arise
Accion requires its staff to:
- Solve problems creatively
- Manage time efficiently
- Attend to details meticulously
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally; bi-lingual a plus
- Collaborate flexibly with colleagues in a diverse and changing environment
- Believe strongly in Accion’s mission
The Executive Assistant should have experience in:
- Customer service
- Office operations
How to Apply:
Email Jobs@accionchicago.org with a resume and cover letter.