Accion (us.accion.org) is a nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our organization serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. through locations in New York, Boston, Miami, and Orlando. For almost 30 years, we have helped thousands of entrepreneurs access millions in capital to launch and grow their small businesses.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER POSTION
Accion is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join its New York-based Development and Communication team to support in the solicitation of $10 million in requests annually, with a specific focus on managing a portfolio of institutional funders and providing strategic support on communications activities. The Development Officer will work with the entire team and report directly to the Vice President of Development and Communications. In some cases, the Officer will work directly with the CEO and Leadership Team.
- Manage relationships within a portfolio of institutional funders, drafting proposals, taking meetings, and preparing reports to keep them informed of Accion’s work and the impact of their contributions;
- Research, identify and cultivate new funding prospects through prospect research, drafting of pitches and proposals, and coordinating cultivation and stewarship strategies in order to grow annual charitable submissions;
- Provide strategic guidance and support on communications activities that drive cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation opportunities; and
- Assist on special events focused on engaging prospective and existing donors as needed.
- Manage a portfolio of 40+ institutional accounts, drafting and submitting an average of 2 grant requests per month and 2 reports per month for a total of $2 million requested annually;
- Secure $1 MM in renewed support from existing institutional partners per year;
- Request a baseline of $1 MM in incremental support from new or existing partners;
- Provide leadership in communications activities and campaign; and
- Execute on donor events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred;
- 3+ years of professional experience in non-profit fundraising;
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills;
- Strong attention to detail, analytical ability, organizational skills, prospect research skills, and creativity;
- Ability to manage complex projects involving other staff, set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet time-sensitive deadlines;
- Alignment with our six core values: adaptability, dedication, empathy, inclusion, integrity and passion;
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Experience in event planning, design, or Salesforce a plus.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Destevez@accioneast.com. Please specify “Development Officer” in the subject line.