Accion is is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
The mission of Accion as a non-profit organization is to create economic opportunity for primarily low-to-moderate income start-up and existing entrepreneurs who lack access to traditional credit. Through business loans ranging from $300 to $75,000 and support services, Accion strengthens the roots of emerging entrepreneurs and helps them to thrive in their communities, creating social and economic change. Visit https://us.accion.org/region/southern-california/ for more information.
Accion Serving Southern California is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Development & Impact Officer based out of its San Diego, CA office.
The Development & Impact Officer is a full-time position supporting the organization’s fundraising activities, partnerships, impact analysis, donor communication and engagement efforts. This position reports to the Director of Grants & Impact and works closely with the CEO and marketing departments to support fundraising initiatives, grant reporting and impact evaluation efforts, while also supporting publication of donor facing materials.
- Update accurate donor records in fundraising database and contact lists in Constant Contact
- Process donations using eTapestry and issue timely donor acknowledgements
- Provide accurate and timely activity and grant pipeline reports to CEO and Director of Grants & Impact
- Develop small fundraising proposals (writing, assembly)
- Assist the Director of Grants & Impact to assemble and submit larger grant proposals
- Run regular programmatic reports in loan database system to demonstrate programmatic impact, outcomes and target client demographic information
- Assist the Director of Grants & Impact in tracking progress of program outcomes for grants and partnerships, using Excel and other computer software
- Engage and cultivate relationships with donors and stakeholders and provide proactive fundraising support to the Director of Grants & Impact and CEO
- Produce compelling client stories and testimonials used within special partnerships, proposals, donor engagements, and other publications
- Assist with prospective donor research and statistics for grant proposals
- Produce material for email communications and social media fundraising efforts. Schedule posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts.
- Coordinate with lending staff to meet grant goals and work with them to identify borrowers for particular grant programs
- Execute fundraising events by aiding in and managing logistical planning, promotional efforts, and day‐of coordination
- Attend fundraising and other community events/meetings to strengthen and develop relationships with community stakeholders
- Work with marketing team to ensure donor facing materials are on brand and reflect mission
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in nonprofit environment or related educational experience
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills and an ability to write compelling client testimonials
- Outstanding overall accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong planning skills including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- Strong data analysis and evaluation skills
- Experience in engaging donors, grant writing, and communications
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and experience using various databases/software
- Outstanding oral communication skills. Dynamic, diplomatic, and respectful communicator.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for the impact of Accion’s mission
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and clients in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative
Preferred (but not required)
- Experience with donor databases such as eTapestry
- Experience with CRM platforms, including Salesforce and Constant Contact
- Bilingual language skills
- Event coordination experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com. Please ensure subject line of the email is “Development and Impact Officer Position, [First and Last Name]” and attach documents with the labels [Last Name] D&IO Resume, [Last Name] D&IO Cover Letter and [Last Name] D&IO Writing Sample.