Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial support through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years, Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving the East Coast is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Development and Communications Internship Position located in New York, NY. For more information, see https://us.accion.org/.
The Development and Communications Intern will provide crucial support to the Development and Communications Team by helping the team to raise funds and to create awareness surrounding the importance of Accion’s mission. The Development and Communications Intern will gain a solid understanding of the small business lending/microfinance space in the United States, and glean valuable insights into the workings of a seasoned Development and Communications department. The Development and Communications Intern will report directly to the Development Officer.
- Support the organization’s storytelling through collateral creation and internal research
- Support the Development and Communications Team on raising new dollars through external research on foundation/organizational prospects and on foundation convenings that are applicable to Accion’s work
- Assist the Development Officer in the execution of Accion’s Annual Harvest Festival Event by supporting the creation of promotional materials such as program one-pagers and event invitations
- Create collateral for Accion’s Individual Donor Program
- Assist the Development and Communications Team on various administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s Degrees or Bachelor’s Degrees candidates are preferred
- Microsoft Suite
- Social Media platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail oriented and highly organized
- Fluency in Spanish is optional, but preferred
- Graphic design skills are optional, but preferred
- Interest in gaining valuable professional experience working in a well-known nonprofit on a Development and Communications Team that raises $5M+ annually, with a combined experience of 35 years in the development and communications fields
- Strong interpersonal skills that translate to positive interactions in person and over the phone
20 hours/week, flexible
Start Date: June 2019
End Date: December 2019
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to DEstevez@accioneast.com. Please specify “Development and Communications Intern – New York” in the subject line.