Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas is looking for a Data Engineer to join our operations team either at our Albuquerque headquarters or remotely within one of the states in our region: Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas. Accion is embarking on a three-year project to overhaul our technology infrastructure and implement a state-of-the-art lending platform. It will be the only end-to-end lending platform in our industry, and is fully owned and operated by Accion, allowing it to be customized to meet our (and our customers’) needs. This will have a transformational effect on Accion, our clients, and the sector of lenders supporting underserved entrepreneurs. As our Data Engineer, you’ll be an integral part of this transformation, helping us create a data-centered culture we need to make data-informed decisions. Learn About Our Values.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll work closely with our technology operations and engineering teams to understand business needs and design/maintain scalable data models.
- You’ll make data-backed recommendations to the executive team to help inform business decisions and answer complex questions.
- You’ll own the design, build, maintenance, quality, and expansion of a data warehouse, and support and scale the pipeline that relays data from Accion’s lending platform back to the warehouse.
- Over time, you’ll act as a product manager, determining project timelines, goals, and deliverables for updates to our lending platform.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for Accion’s mission and a strong commitment to Accion’s culture of exceptional customer service, excellence and accountability;
- Knowledge of ETL processes and applications;
- Experience in the financial services industry and familiarity with the lending process strongly preferred;
- Advanced skills in SQL/Java/Ruby preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related quantitative discipline plus four years’ relevant experience preferred.
Accion offers an excellent total compensation package, including competitive base salary, the opportunity for exciting incentive pay, health and dental coverage, retirement benefits, and generous paid time off.