Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas is looking for a Community Lending Officer to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. A successful Community Lending Officer wears the hat of a banker and has the heart of a social worker. Equal parts analytical and relational, he or she feels at home interacting with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures, including small business owners, banking partners, public sector leaders, and impact investors, and is equally comfortable analyzing financial documents to understand business needs. Learn About Our Values.
- Support Accion’s strong relationship culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge;
- Lead clients through all stages of the lending process from origination to loan closing;
- Analyze business owners’ financial history to provide customized credit solutions;
- Structure and close loans based on monthly goals;
- Develop referral relationships with community partners such as banks, local chambers and small business development centers; and
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new loans.
- Community Lending Officers must have a passion for helping people and a gift for building relationships;
- Excellent business development and outreach skills;
- Equally excellent execution skills for closing loans and providing outstanding customer service;
- One to three years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree are preferred;
- English/Spanish fluency preferred;
- Ability to travel occasionally is required.
Accion offers an excellent total compensation package, including competitive base salary, the opportunity for exciting incentive pay, health and dental coverage, retirement benefits, and generous paid time off.