Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial support through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years, Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving Illinois and Northwest Indiana is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Community Lender located in Chicago, IL.
The Community Lender is a salaried, exempt position that reports to a Community Lending Manager. The Community Lender is the first point of contact for prospective Accion borrowers seeking capital to start or grow their business. Community Lenders are responsible for generating client leads, making loans, maintaining portfolio quality, connecting underserved entrepreneurs to resources that support their success and providing outstanding customer service to existing, past and prospective clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet monthly and quarterly loan production goals as determined organizationally.
- Interview prospective borrowers and assess their ability and willingness to repay a loan.
- Analyze the information and documentation provided by the client, determine if the client qualifies for a loan and if so, make a recommendation for approval.
- Ensure quality control of all data entry.
- Work closely with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the loan application process by providing strong customer service, and setting and adjusting clear expectations as needed.
- Maintain effective relationships and provide continued service to clients post-loan, including opportunities to refinance.
- Meet with clients at loan closings, ensuring that all paperwork is accurate and that information regarding loan is properly disclosed to the client.
- Assist with collections calls to delinquent clients.
- Represent Accion’s core values, to internal staff and external clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Identify, initiate and manage strategic community partnerships that increase quality referrals from entities such as financial institutions, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, accountants, lawyers and business officers.
- Represent Accion at networking events, seminars, and conferences by presenting our mission and services.
- Develop, organize, and conduct workshops at Accion and/or in conjunction with community partners positioning our organization as a leader in small-dollar financing.
- Support the Communications team by articulating client success stories.
- 3 years of related experience in lending, accounting, or sales preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office—Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing and diverse environment
- Must be willing to work some night and weekend events as needed
- Experience in economic or community development preferred
- BA or equivalent experience preferred
- Bilingual a plus
How to Apply:
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to Elizabeth at email@example.com.