Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving Illinois and Indiana is looking for a Community Lender to join our team in Chicago, IL.
Position: Community Lender:
The Community Lender is a salaried, exempt position that reports to the Manager of Community Lending. A Community Lender is responsible for articulating Accion’s products and services to clients and partners, generating client leads, and guiding entrepreneurs through the loan process for the organization’s smallest-sized loans.
- Fund at least the budgeted number of loans per month
- Contribute to a net surplus each year
- Nurture trusted relationships with entrepreneurs, community leaders, financial institutions, referral partners, other service providers
- Articulate and then consistently deliver clear messages for who we serve, the value we provide, and how we deliver that value effectively
- Learn how we can best serve prospective borrowers by listening carefully to their needs, analyzing business data provided by the small business owner, and recommending a reasonable amount to lend
- Understand internal risk and operational policies and procedures in order to provide entrepreneurs with efficient service
- Resolve customer issues resulting from tensions between client expectations and organizational risk policies
- Measure the value we provide entrepreneurs effectively by ensuring that staff carefully capture key data
- Refer interested clients to our Director of Coaching and Connections who will serve our clients through one-on-one mentoring
- Develop and then share client stories and data with the Development and Communications teams to support fundraising and messaging
- Promote a culture of client service excellence, continuous learning, and teamwork
- Perform other duties flexibly and creatively as needs arise
Accion requires its staff to:
- Solve problems creatively
- Manage time efficiently
- Attend to details meticulously
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Collaborate flexibly with colleagues in a diverse and changing environment
- Believe strongly in Accion’s mission
The Community Lender should have experience in:
- Community development
- Small business lending
- Client service
How to Apply:
Email Jobs@accionchicago.org with a resume and cover letter.