Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial success through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
Accion Serving Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas is seeking Client Services Interns to work with our lending teams across our regional footprint (Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson). Learn About Our Values.
Interns will learn first-hand about credit approval and successful credit/business management, and will experience the passion and brilliance of small-business entrepreneurs and their impact on economic growth. In the past, CSIs have accompanied loan officers to banker’s lunches, loan closings, and finance panels, they have organized workshops, and attended community events and other networking opportunities.
- Learn about microfinance from an innovative leader in the microfinance industry
- Provide important loan assistance support to the lending staff and help to fulfill Accion’s mission
- Support Accion’s lending team with business development activities, including accompanying lenders on prospective client visits and referral partner meetings, and conducting current client calls
- You have a compelling interest in Accion’s mission
- You demonstrate personal integrity, responsibility, and a commitment to excellence and accountability in everything you do
- You seek to be a part of a fast-paced, growing, high-performance organizational culture
- You are currently pursuing, or have completed, post-secondary or graduate level education, with a track record of academic excellence
- You are able to make a 6 month commitment of 20 hours per week
- Spanish fluency is preferred although not required
What We Provide:
You will learn about Accion’s values-based high performance organizational culture, as well as best practices for nonprofit management and mission impact. Although unpaid, you will gain valuable professional development experience, and may be eligible to earn credit towards your degree.
How to Apply:
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.