The mission of Accion, with headquarters in San Diego, as a non-profit organization is to create economic opportunity for primarily low-to-moderate income start-up and existing business owners who lack access to traditional credit. Through business loans ranging from $300 to $75,000 and support services, Accion strengthens the roots of emerging entrepreneurs and helps them to thrive in their communities, creating social and economic change. Visit https://us.accion.org/your-accion/location/san-diego for more information.
Accion Serving Southern California is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Business Development Officer position located in San Diego, CA.
The Business Development Officer works as part of the business development team to manage targeted efforts in San Diego with the majority of the time spent out of the office to increase sales, meet production goals, and build solid relationships to meet organizational goals. In addition, the Business Development Officer works to facilitate resources and provide workshops to educate clients on micro financing, credit repair, and financial literacy.
- Work with Chief Strategy Officer to execute the organization’s business development strategy and drive quality loan applications
- Work with lending team on originated applications to follow up on paperwork, provide deal summaries and conduct site visits to increase organization’s volume of loans
- Analyze and evaluate client’s financing needs, verify credit-readiness, assess business feasibility and provide overall guidance on the loan process; negotiate loan terms
- Manage a San Diego market territory and cultivate new market opportunities and strategic referral partners
- Conduct sales outreach to identify new loan prospects, including but not limited to outreach at banks, swap meets, farmer’s markets, indoor marketplaces, and door to door block-walking
- Cultivate and expand on existing banking relationships through consistent banker communication
- Work with CSO to follow-up on outcomes to strategic business development partners, including quarterly referral reporting
- Identify new opportunities to conduct presentations to community and business partners
- Represent Accion in the community doing workshops, presentations and attending business events (may require irregular hours)
- Conduct loan closings and collection site visits for clients as necessary
- Maintain strict confidentiality of clients’ financial records
- Conduct other duties as necessary
- Lending or related business experience and proven strategic business development efforts
- Bachelors degree or 4+ years of relevant experience required
- Bilingual; fluency in oral and written communications
- Sales experience
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- High level of initiative and motivation, in addition to being a team player
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong presentation and educational training skills
- Financial and quantitative skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer literate; experience with Microsoft Office and Salesforce a plus
Must have ability to work some irregular hours and must have own transportation as local travel is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Business Development Officer – San Diego” in the subject line.