About Accion Serving Southern California:
The mission of Accion, with headquarters in San Diego, as a non-profit organization is to create economic opportunity for primarily low-to-moderate income start-up and existing business owners who lack access to traditional credit. Through business loans ranging from $300 to $75,000 and support services, Accion strengthens the roots of emerging entrepreneurs and helps them to thrive in their communities, creating social and economic change. Visit https://us.accion.org/region/southern-california/ for more information.
Accion Serving Southern California is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Business Development Officer based in North San Diego/Riverside Territory* in California.
The Business Development Officer, based in North San Diego County or South Riverside County*, is responsible for managing the assigned territory with the majority of the time spent out of the office by developing new business to meet production goals, managing business developments efforts and building strong relationships and partnerships to increase Accion’s impact in the region. The Business Development Officer will support the lending and portfolio quality departments on the ground as necessary, as well as provide resources, technical assistance and workshops to educate clients and small business owners in the region on topics such as small business financing, credit repair and financial literacy.
- Work with Business Development Manager (BDM) to execute the organization’s business development strategy and meet production goals of assigned territory.
- Establish, cultivate and expand banking relationships through regular bank visits, email follow ups, LinkedIn connections and consistent banker touch.
- Conduct sales outreach to identify new loan prospects, including but not limited to outreach at swap meets, farmer’s markets, indoor marketplaces, and door to door block-walking
- Call referred leads in a timely manner to pre-screen applicants for loan eligibility.
- Analyze and evaluate clients’ financing needs, verify credit-readiness, assess business feasibility and provide overall guidance on the loan process.
- Work with lending team on originated applications to follow up on paperwork, provide deal summaries and conduct site visits, as needed.
- Identify new market opportunities and new strategic referral partners
- Manage a market territory and cultivate new markets and nurture strategic referral partners
- Identify new opportunities to conduct presentations to community and business partners
- Represent Accion in the community by doing workshops, presentations and attending business events (may require irregular hours)
- Work with the Director of Communications on logistics and outreach efforts for Accion-hosted business resource events in designated region
- Perform loan closings for deals funded in designated region
- Perform collection site visits for clients as necessary
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy in the loan application process and loan closing
- Maintain strict confidentiality of clients’ financial records
- Conduct other duties as necessary
- Lending or related business experience and proven strategic business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of relevant experience required
- Lending experience required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish); fluency in oral and written communications
- Sales experience
- Ability to work in a remote office setting
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- High level of initiative and motivation, in addition to be a team player
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong presentation and educational training skills
- Financial and quantitative skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer and smart phone literate; experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce and LinkedIn
Must have ability to work some irregular hours and must have own transportation. Local travel is required and regional travel to and from office in San Diego, CA throughout the year is expected.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, drive a motor vehicle and lift boxes weighing up to 30 lbs.
Work will be performed independently in a location remote to the Accion headquarters. Current consideration is Temecula/Murrieta/Escondido/Fallbrook areas. Some work will be performed in office setting and the majority of the time is spent on the phone and out of the office meetings with referral partners or clients, doing presentations, and attending events and meetings.
Accion is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please forward your cover letter and resume and note “Business Development Officer NSD/RV Territory*”in the subject line to Rosalinda Delgado, firstname.lastname@example.org.