The mission of Accion, with headquarters in San Diego, as a non-profit organization is to create economic opportunity for primarily low-to-moderate income start-up and existing business owners who lack access to traditional credit. Through business loans ranging from $300 to $75,000 and support services, Accion strengthens the roots of emerging entrepreneurs and helps them to thrive in their communities, creating social and economic change. Visit https://us.accion.org/region/southern-california/ for more information.
Accion (Serving Southern California) is seeking a talent individual to fill the role of business development officer based out of the Inland Empire in California.
The Business Development Officer, based in the Inland Empire*, is responsible for managing the assigned territory in the Inland Empire by developing new business to meet production goals, managing business development efforts and building strong relationships and partnerships to increase Accion’s impact in the region. The Business Development Officer will support the lending and portfolio quality departments on the ground as necessary, as well as provide resources, technical assistance and workshops to educate clients and small business owners in the region on topics such as small business financing, credit repair and financial literacy.
- Work with Chief Strategy Officer to execute the organization’s business development strategy and meet production goals in the Inland Empire
- Work with lending team on originated applications to follow up on paperwork, provide deal summaries and conduct site visits
- Work with prospective and existing clients to evaluate their financing needs, verify credit-readiness, assess business feasibility and provide overall guidance on the loan process
- Conduct business outreach to identify new loan prospects, including but not limited to outreach at swap meets, farmer’s markets, indoor marketplaces, and door to door block-walking
- Identify and cultivate new market opportunities and new strategic referral partners
- Cultivate and expand banking relationships through quarterly banker update emails and consistent banker touch
- Identify new opportunities to conduct presentations to community and business partners
- Represent Accion in the community by doing workshops, presentations and attending business events (may require irregular hours)
- Manage logistics and outreach efforts for Accion-hosted business resource events in designated region
- Work with CSO to follow up on outcomes to strategic business development partners, including quarterly referral reporting
- Perform loan closings for deals funded in designated region
- Perform collection site visits for clients as necessary
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy in the loan application process and loan closing
- Maintain strict confidentiality of clients’ financial records
- Conduct other duties as necessary
- Lending or related business experience and proven strategic business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of relevant experience required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish); fluency in oral and written communications
- Sales experience a plus
- Ability to work in a remote office setting
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- High level of initiative and motivation, in addition to being a team player
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong presentation and educational training skills
- Financial and quantitative skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer literate; experience with Microsoft Office and Salesforce a plus
Must have ability to work some irregular hours and must have own transportation. Travel to and from the regional office in San Diego, CA throughout the year is expected.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, drive a motor vehicle and lift boxes weighing up to 30 lbs.
Work will be performed independently in a location remote to the Accion headquarters. Current consideration is in central Inland Empire as the primary office location but is subject to change. Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level and approximately 50% of time spent out of the office for sales calls, presentations, events and meetings is to be expected.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Due to the number of resumes received we may not be able to respond to every candidate, but qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule next steps.
Accion is an equal opportunity employer.