Accion (us.accion.org) is a nationwide nonprofit community lender dedicated to helping entrepreneurs generate income, build assets, create jobs and achieve financial support through business ownership. Our network serves small businesses in communities across the U.S. and is made up of four certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and a U.S. Network office. Globally, for more than 50 years, Accion has helped over 90 partners serve the financial needs of tens of millions of people in 40 countries.
MISSION OF THE PAYMENT SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
The mission of the PT – Payment Support Volunteer is to assist the Payment Support Department of Accion with the completion of projects, and other related assignments as deemed necessary based on department needs and operations demands. The Payment Support Volunteer will work directly under the supervision of the Client Risk & Recovery Manager following directions and supporting the work of other members in the department as needed.
To provide assistance as needed for the effectiveness and efficiency of the Payment Support Department responsible to complete various ad-hoc assignments within the required time-frame as needed.
The core competencies required for this role include:
- Team oriented. Puts success of the team ahead of personal achievement.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or affect job performance.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, takes instruction well, and can be reliably trusted with important work.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback. Uses feedback for self-improvement.
- College Student / Preferred, but not necessary
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Clerical or Office Related experience/exposure preferred, but not necessary
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Please forward your cover letter and resume and note “Payment Support Volunteer” in the subject line to email@example.com.