Information presented on this website is considered public information (unless otherwise noted) and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credit is requested. While Accion makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information, various data such as names, telephone numbers, etc. may change prior to updating. Accion welcomes suggestions on how to improve our home page and correct errors. Accion provides no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of furnished data.Some of the documents on this server may contain live references (or pointers) to information created and maintained by other organizations. Please note that Accion does not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of these outside materials.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the computer fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act. Information may also be used for authorized law enforcement investigations.
How We Protect Your Information
The privacy and protection of your personal information are vitally important to us. Any statistics regarding your Accion Website usage that may be reviewed by our own management or provided to prospective or existing partners, are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information about any individual user. When products or services are purchased on the site through the use of a credit card, individual credit card information is processed via a secure, third-party server and is not otherwise disclosed outside of Accion. Any person, whether an Accion employee or a third party we have retained, who needs access to your personal information in order to fulfill your request for a product or service is not permitted to use or disclose that information for any other purpose.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your personal information, Accion cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we will protect your information with reasonable electronic and procedural safeguards.
You should remember that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, such as on message boards, through E-mail, discussion groups, or in chat areas, your information could be viewed and used by others. You need to decide whether you are comfortable with disclosing your own information online through these media.
The Information We May Collect:
Accion collects certain information from and about its users in three ways -- directly from the user, from our Web server logs and with cookies.
- User-Supplied Information: When you sign up for our E-mail list, we may ask you for your name, E-mail address, and some other personal information. The more accurate information you volunteer, the better we are able to customize your Accion Website experience.
- Server Log Information: When you visit an Internet Website, you disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet (TCP/IP) address, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the site or page that offered a link to an Accion page). Accion, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to its site.
How and When Information Is Used:
We use information in different ways, depending on the type of information:
- User-Supplied Information: This information is used for purposes such as personalization and verification. Examples of user-supplied information are your name, address, phone number, E-mail address, and other demographic information. This information can be used creating an individualized Internet environment, selective E-mail user groups, and targeted educational opportunities.
- Web Server Logs: This information helps us identify which areas of our site are of interest to our visitors. Accion also collects the Internet (TCP/IP) addresses of its visitors for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information concerning site usage, to our members, management, and partners. This information is typically regarded as survey data. For example, this information can be used to determine the percentage of international visitors to our Website
- Cookies: We use "cookies" to let you use our services more easily and to let us keep track of certain statistical information that helps us improve our site. Cookies allow us to save passwords and preferences for you so that you won't have to re-enter them the next time you visit.
Who Has Access to the Information:
Except as described below, when you are at the Accion site and are asked for personal information in connection with a product or a service, you share that information only with Accion and the authorized agent(s) it has retained to implement these transactions. In the case of our Intuit partnership, Accion intends to share information with Intuit on customers who find Accion through the QuickBooks Financing program with the purpose of improving the partnership to better serve small businesses with access to capital. Beyond this limited and secure transactional context, Accion does not make personal information available to any third parties except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or that it is necessary to protect the terms under which this site may be used.